[gs-devel] Re: [gnu.org #2259] GNU Ghostscript 7.06 release candidate

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:58:53 -0500

The delay is my fault, since it was my responsibility to respond.  I
should have responded back in Octover.  However, I hesitated to write
because I have to report there are major and pervasive problems.

The most pervasive problem is that the GPL notices in every source
file are not the standard ones, and they refer to a web site that
describes non-free software.  There are other problems too--Brett sent
me a list, which I can pass on to you--but this one is the biggest
part.

Would you please use the standard form of file header?
Here is what it looks like.

/* DESCRIPTION OF THE FILE
   Copyright (C) YEARS  COPYRIGHT HOLDER

This file is part of GNU Ghostscript.

GNU Ghostscript is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
any later version.

GNU Ghostscript is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

along with GNU Ghostscript; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.  */