[gs-devel] Urgent Ghostscript query involving election software!

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:08:57 PST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 4:18 PM, Ralph Giles <giles at ghostscript.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 03:18:31PM -0700, Jim March wrote:
>
> > These four file changes were the ONLY changes to any program file
> > after the initial election cycle Logic & Accuracy test, which was
> > prior to May 10th.  (the 8th I *think*, don't quote me...).
>
> Based on the file modification times, or based on comparing the contents
> of the files?

Modification times.  At this moment I don't have access to the
county's actual files - the central vote tabulator station is treated
as a VERY high security item...at least to the public.  (Inside the
elections office is another story...)

> I agree the directly listing is suspicious, but it doesn't tell us all
> that much. If you can obtain the actual Ghostscript file set from the
> machine or an image, we should be able to establish an independent
> timeline for the modification, as well as determine if any other gs
> files were changed after the review.

Like I said, we should be able to do a public records request for the
snippet of directory tree involving GS.  A letter as to the license
ownership status from the actual owners would help.

Jim