[gs-devel] MSVC makefile for XPS

Ralph Giles ralph.giles at artifex.com
Sat Nov 10 10:06:23 PST 2007

Ray,

Just some notes on where I was with the XPS makefile.

I've added a copy of the expat source to the gs tree, in parallel with
the other third party makefiles. Seems to work if I define EXPATSRCDIR
and SHARE_EXPAT=0 (or 1), include src/expat.mak and add $(GLD)xps.dev
to FEATURE_DEVS in the top level makefile.

There's something screwy with the ghostxps build though. pcl6_gcc
adds -lexpat to EXTRALIBS, but xps.dev already has a -lib expat.
So the extralibs line shouldn't be necessary, but it is.

Likewise, it should be a simple change to add the defines for expat.mak
to xps_gcc.mak (or pcl6_gcc.mak) and then change -lib expat to -include
$(GENDIR)expat.dev in xps.dev, but I couldn't get that to trigger the
build.

Hope that's helpful,
 -r