[gs-devel] xefitra internalise ijs?

lazer1 lazer1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 11:52:19 PST 2007

On 19-Nov-07, Ralph Giles wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 08:03:57PM +0100, lazer1 wrote:

>> I was wondering if it is possible for Ghostscript to
>> internalise ijs?

>Can you be more clear about this? Ghostscript already includes an IJS
>client internally. There are other tools, such as cups and foomatic
>which can look up how to invoke gs to print to a specific printer for
>you.

> -r

but does the gs ijs client depend on an external ijs server binary in order to

print things?

if it does, my question is whether the external binary can be incorporated
into gs?

ie so that you could print things entirely via gs and no other binaries
the way traditional gs printer drivers function.

if gs can do that anyway can you give an example command line for an
example printer of how you would convert say annots.pdf to
a printer binary file for that printer.

for instance for say epson you can create a binary thus:

gs -sDEVICE=epson -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=somefile%d annots.pdf

and then in an OS dependent way the binary files just need to be
sent down a parallel port to the printer.

can this be done via gs ijs using some platform-independent driver file
for supported printers?

because I got the impression that I needed to port another program an ijs
server
in order to utilise the gs ijs driver.