[gs-devel] [RFC] revive runlibfileifexists function. xefitra

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 21 23:01:51 PST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:32:50 +0900
"CHIKAMA Masaki" <masaki.chikama at gmail.com> wrote:
>I know Suzuki san has been working hard on CJK support,
>but he seems to pay no attention to it.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

>I have trouble with ghostscript CJK support because of a lack of
>'runlibfileifexists' function.

I guess what you want is something like a configurable
pluggable mechanism to insert and withdraw the PostScript
part of Koji Otani's gs8-cjk patch, by putting or deleting
the PostScript file.

If my guessing is right... in fact, I was asked for
such mechanism (enabled by default) in face-to-face
meeting with Artifex staff. But I could not make anybody
agreed. It seems that Artifex people believe CJK bug
will be recovered without Koji Otani's patch and such
mechanism is not required.

I remember, Ray and Ralph told it's possible to make gs
to load modified PostScript files stored in non-default
directories. I wish they can post step-by-step
configuration and test to do that.

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:23:07 +0300
"Leonardo" <leonardo at artifex.com> wrote:
>We decided not including that huge patch to Ghostscript releases,
>because it conflicts with Ghostscript resource machinery.

I remember, the decision will be reconsidered if next
bumping release (gs8.70) cannot fix CJK issue.

Regards,
mpsuzuki