[gs-devel] Further development of 'tiffsep' device xefitra

Ray Johnston Ray.Johnston at Artifex.com
Thu Nov 29 09:48:46 PST 2007

Hi,

The 'tiffsep' device supports > 8 components as long as it is
built with USE_COMPRESSED_ENCODING set to 1 which is set by default
in src/gdevdevn.h as long as COLOR_INDEX values are 64 bits (long long).
The value of GX_DEVICE_COLOR_MAX_COMPONENTS is 252 in the 8.61 release.

I don't see anything in the code that would limit the number of
separations to 8.

If you have a file with > 8 separations that is only generating 8
separations, please report a bug on bugs.ghostscript.com and attach
the file.

Regards,
Ray Johnston