[gs-devel] Further development of 'tiffsep' device xefitra

pp42 prepress42 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:37:55 PST 2007

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the quick response.

>> I don't see anything in the code that would limit the number of
>> separations to 8.

Yes, but if I want to get > 8 separations with the 'tiffsep' device from the
gs library, I have to call 'gsapi_init_with_args' multiple times with the
'SeparationColorNames' and 'SeparationOrder' parameters defined. If I do so,
the resulting composite image does only consist of the separations of the
previous run. My problem is that I need is a composite image including all
of the (> 8) separations of the PDF file.

>> If you have a file with > 8 separations that is only generating 8
>> separations, please report a bug on bugs.ghostscript.com and attach
>> the file.

Actually I do not want to leave the impression that I'm talking about a bug,
as everything I tested works according to what is specified in the gs
documentation.

So I repeat my question slightly modified:

Are there any plans to provide a composite image including all of the
separations in the future with the 'tiffsep' device in future releases of
gs?

Thank you

pp42