[gs-devel] Fw: Ghostscript 9.07 and GhostPDL 9.07

Chris Liddell chris.liddell at artifex.com
Fri Feb 15 12:28:14 UTC 2013

The engineer in question replied with the info below.

Hopefully, we'll see it in the central LCMS2 repo real soon.

Sorry about the confusion.

Chris

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:29:52 +0000
From: Robin Watts <robin.watts at artifex.com>
To: Chris Liddell <chris.liddell at artifex.com>
Subject: Re: [gs-devel] Ghostscript 9.07 and GhostPDL 9.07

On 15/02/2013 10:33, Chris Liddell wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:18:45 +0000
> Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Can Ghostscript 9.07 be built against released versions of lcms2, or
>> does it require the bundled lcms2?
>>
>> When I try to build against lcms2 2.4 I get a link error:
>> ./sobin/libgs.so: undefined reference to `cmsPluginTHR'
>
> <sigh> It looks like it needs the patched version.
>
> There was a fairly serious bug in the LCMS2 plugin API that meant
> there was no way to attach a pointer to "user data" to the plugin
> context.
>
> I'll need to talk to the engineer that found and addressed the problem
> to find out the status of things with the canonical LCMS2
> distribution. I'll update when I've done that.

The fixes have all been proffered upstream in the past, but have not
been taken as yet. I updated my github little-cms repo this morning
from the master one, and rebased the changes on top of that. I've sent
a pull request for those changes, so hopefully they should make it to
master soon.

For anyone interested in what my changes are...

The latest version of lcms, with all my patches added is therefore:

   https://github.com/robinwatts/Little-CMS/commits/artifex

3 of those are optimisations, so just the fixes can be found here:

  https://github.com/robinwatts/Little-CMS/commits/threading_fixes

HTH,

Robin

--