[gs-devel] How to prevent interpolating artefacts when drawing transformed PDF

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Sat Feb 16 20:01:05 UTC 2013

On 16.02.2013 at 17:32 Chris Liddell wrote:

> MuPDF isn't really my forte, nor is it really the subject for this
> mailing list. You'd be better to address your questions on our IRC
> channel (#ghostscript on freenode). Note that the developers are all
> around the world, so you may not get an immediate respose, but the
> IRC channel is logged, and we do check the logs.

Thanks for the information. I'll try it on IRC then.

> Having said that, if you are using the mupdf applications (mudraw),
> you might try using setting anti-aliasing bits to zero ("-b 0" on the command line).

> If that does what you want, but you are using the mupdf API, you
> could look at how apps/mudraw.c handles the "-b 0" command line
> option when passing stuff to the mupdf library.

I'm afraid that doesn't help. But mudraw can serve to illustrate my problem
better because it has the same issue. When converting a PDF page to a PNG
with alpha channel, mudraw doesn't fill the page background with white color.
Instead, everything that would normally be white will be transparent. That
might be useful for some purposes but I think there should be a possibility
to have mudraw fill the page background when exporting alpha channel images
with it.

Andreas