[gs-devel] Ghostscript 9.07 and GhostPDL 9.07

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Tue Feb 19 04:13:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Chris Liddell <chris.liddell at artifex.com>wrote:

> Artifex Software, Inc. is happy to announce the release of GPL
> Ghostscript 9.07 and GhostPDL 9.07.

[ ... ]

> For a release summary see:
>
> http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/current/News.htm

I see in the release notes:

As of this release (9.07), Ghostscript and GhostPDL are distributed under
the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL).

So that means that any changes to a copy of Ghostscript used on a server
must be available to anybody using that server, right?  For example, if I
modified Ghostscript for use on my Web server, anybody visiting my Web site
would need to be offered access to my modified source code?

That could potentially be a big change for many Ghostscript users.  Any
particular reason for the change?

------Scott.